November 28, 2018
What information does Dwolla collect
If you use or access the Monetery Services, we may collect the following personal information:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information.
- Information that you provide to Dwolla when interacting with our customer support team or other team members via phone, email, online form, or other correspondence.
- Personal testimonial information or endorsements that you voluntarily provide to us and which we may display with your name on the Monetery Site with your consent. To update or delete your testimonial, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also collect the following information from your device when you use the Monetery Services: your IP address, the type of device you use, your device identifier, your operating system version, the type of browser you use, your location, and the URL that you came from and the next URL that you visit.
How does Dwolla share my personal information?
In the section below, we list the reasons Dwolla shares your personal information:
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve the Monetery Services, including event vendors and other partners. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- With event sponsors for their own purposes, including their own marketing.
- With third parties upon your request.
- If we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, legal process, or government request; to investigate or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our rights, or the rights of others; or to protect the safety and security of Dwolla, our users, or the public.
- We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
Please note that third parties, such as third party websites that you visit, have their own privacy policies. Dwolla is not responsible for the policies and practices of such third parties and we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
Dwolla and its marketing, analytics and fraud prevention service providers use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about Dwolla’s user base, and we may receive such information on an individual and aggregated basis from such providers.
We gather certain information about our website visitors automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you in order to provide and improve the Monetery Services.
We may partner with a third party to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you do not want this information to be used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. This does not opt you out of being served ads and you will continue to receive generic ads.
We use Local Shared Objects, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website also use Flash cookies and HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. To manage Flash cookies, please click here.
How do I opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Dwolla?
If you prefer not to receive promotional emails from Dwolla, click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any promotional email that we send you to remove your email address from future promotional email campaigns. If you have difficulty with the unsubscribe process, contact us at email@example.com.
What security precautions does Dwolla take to protect me?
We use multiple layers of security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use. These measures include industry-standard data encryption technology and internal policies and restrictions regarding the storage of and access to your personal information. Please note that no data transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I update my information?
If your personal information changes, you can update or correct it by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you the Monetery Services. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you the Monetery Services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you in a reasonable timeframe. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
What about the privacy of children?
The Monetery Site is a general audience website. Dwolla does not knowingly collect any personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
The Monetery Site may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums, which may require creation of an account with a third party. Any information you provide in these areas may be visible to the public, so we recommend that you avoid disclosing personal information. To request removal of your personal information from these areas, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to you in a reasonable timeframe. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.